Tuesday 1 January 2013

Get a life and reduce my carbon footprint

I know I can do it anytime of the year but I do love using the start of a sparkly new year to get myself organised. Cupboards get cleaned, clothes sent to the charity shop and To-do lists get written. I've got them organised across 4 colourfully and inspirationally decorated clip boards this year so let's see how long it lasts.

One of my goals for 2013 is to get a life (life balance that is). On reflection far too much of 2012 was spent travelling - if I wasn't driving 250 miles south I was letting planes and trains take the strain for even longer journey's. I even got quite blasé about leaving home at 1700 on a Sunday with no hotel booked to turn up at a hotel c2230 to book in for the night. If I didn't realise then the toll all of this travelling would have on me it was brought home when I started to plan January 2013. I'm able to work from home for much of it and so was busy planning joining a book club, going to the storytelling eves at the local centre, getting a block of yoga booked and getting dates in the diary with friends. These were all things I talked myself out of last year because I never knew where I'd be or how tired I'd be when I did get home. (Unfortunately I'm not one of those who can travel with no impact on energy and wellbeing levels.)

Of course as I travelled (mainly) south from my Fife based home other consultants and trainers were travelling north. Which had me wondering about what networks of associate consultants and trainers existed to make use of local resources and reduce the carbon footprint and enable us all to achieve life balance?

Any and all suggestions most welcome.

Alison Smith
The Purchasing Coach
Inspiring change inside and out

Planes, train and automobile picture source: kongvmax.deviantart.com via Alison on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment