Today I'd like to consider what effective communicate looks like. With Teddies it was easy we just took them on a picnic and let them chat and join in our conversations. In organisations it requires more planning and thought. Without that then many stakeholders and even team members may just think you're doing this to them.
- who needs to be involved (always more people than you think)
- when they need to be involved (always earlier than you think)
- what needs to be communicated (more than you expect)
- the different methods to be used to communicate
- responsibility for the communication (someone with the time, desire, influencing skills and relationship with others needed to do the job well)
Yes I was met with many of the excuses I shared in yesterday's blog but planning and thought meant we had a happier and more productive team as a result.
Who is responsible for communication in your team or project? What can you do more of to make their job easier? Not forgetting of course if you need any assistance to please contact me - +44 7770 538159 or email@example.com
Inspiring change inside and out - in procurement and business more widely
Blog 17/31 in July in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.