Sunday 29 September 2013

Clarity of communication

A text from my personal trainer last Thursday evening said:

"If its raining I'll come to yours, if it's not - see you at the park in the morning."

Fairly clear we both thought and went to bed.

On Friday morning:
  • I woke to no rain and therefore drove 5 miles east to the park.
  • He woke to rain and therefore drove 5 miles west to my house.
A wonderful example of so many things - not least because by the time the PT session was due to start there was no rain at either location!

For me, however, a great reminder that its easy to see things from our own perspective, especially when we have logic to support it, and forget there's another perspective that may be as equally supported by logic.

Alison Smith
Inspiring change inside and out

No comments:

Post a Comment