I'll just leave you with some images from other blogs I've written to give a sense of what my passion for inspiring change is all about.
If we're resisting change through down right strength of character
or thinking the grass is greener (click image to find more of Leigh Rubin's work)
perhaps because we have our head in the sand
we may keep doing the same thing and expecting different results
(please note: please turn down the volume before listening to this)
or we might be feeling a little deflated
or off colour
We need to be inspired to be the change we wish to see in the world
language, soft skills, and unconventional tools, and tomorrow's on creativity and innovation can point to potential solutions. Solutions that result in
Stepping out of the rut,
turning a corner,
breaking out of the mould,
understanding other's points of view,
simply taking personal responsibility for our own actions,
knowing what we need to stop doing
or knowing where we're headed and where we are in relation to that
The Purchasing Coach
Inspiring Change Inside and Out
This first week of 2017 I'm exploring the topics that make me tick - those topics that inspire my action (including the odd rant), and that are subjects that I share often in the procurement consultancy, speaking and coaching work that I do. They're also subjects that I have expertise in, enjoy, and that also make a difference when applied well.
Posts so far this week have covered:
- Don't leave your humanity at the door - because I get frustrated when I hear people tell me that we have to leave our authentic selves/humanity at the office door, and instead apply rules that cause other people and the planet great distress. I believe taking our humanity to work with us is what being a B Corp is all about, and is something I'm going to be talking to B Corporations about during the year.
- Language - because words have power, and we often unconsciously use words that hinder us achieving our goals.
- Soft skills - because if your goals rely on working with other people soft skills are the fastest way to achieving your goals
- Use of unconventional tools - because they're particularly good at bypassing barriers to change.
- Inspiring change - as above
Topics to be covered over the weekend include:
- Procurement in large corporate organisations - because it's the environment I've worked in for over 30 years.
- Creativity and Innovation - because there's a law of diminishing returns, and if we keep doing what we've always done we get what we're always got!
Another means of finding out more about who I am, what I do and the results achieved can be found be reading 2016: My year in blogs which was written at the end of 2016.