It's why I love tools such as collages, pipe cleaners, drawing, redacted reflection, moving your body, using metaphors such as nature, exploring the words and sayings we use such as can't see the wood for the trees, and much more! Because they're all great at moving us out of our current ways of thinking, enabling us to find an alternate perspective and solution.
Here's a few posts to give a sense of the possible using these gorgeous tools:
- Language and metaphor when spinning plates, juggling balls or going around in circles.
- Language and metaphor to get on the same page as other people
- Advent series of posts introducing 25 unconventional tools
- Drawing - to explore the barbed wire fence between Procurement and Finance! or to stop going around in circles
- Metaphor - it's like we're talking to a brick wall
- Language - are they answers or solutions?
- Collage - to facilitate change
And I've a whole blog dedicated to using nature as a metaphor for our lives over on Landscaping your Life.
If you'd like to find out more about how a session with your team might work do get in touch - email@example.com +44 (0)7770 538159